Windows Vista is known to be bit difficult and troublesome. However,Ã‚Â those who chose to use Windows Vista must know ways to tackle issues while using Windows Vista. Here are fewÃ‚Â important Microsoft Read-ons that will help you deal with some common issues while using Windows Vista.Ã‚Â
1. How to install Windows Vista – This article describes how to upgrade to Microsoft Windows Vista from an earlier version of Microsoft Windows and how to perform a clean installation of Microsoft Windows Vista. Very handy, Vista reinstall guide.
2. Installation choices for 64-bit Vista versions – Complete installation choices for 64-bit consumer versions of Windows Vista.
3. How to activate Windows Vista – After you install Windows Vista, you have 30 days to activate it online or by telephone. If the 30-day activation period expires before you complete the activation, Windows Vista does not work as expected. Get this done quickly.
4. Update to improve Vista compatibility and reliability – An update is available that improves the compatibility and reliability of Windows Vista. This update resolves some compatibility issues and reliability issues in Windows Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve better reliability and hardware compatibility in various scenarios. Yeah, need that to make Vista love other software!
5. Error with Windows Defender Software – Error message when you try to run Windows Defender: “Windows Defender Definitions haven’t been updated” and few others. Possible solution in this article. However, you can simple turn OFF Defender in case you are using some other Anti-Spyware protection software.
6. Enable Hibernation option in Vista – The Hibernate option is not available in the Start menu power options menu or in the Shut Down Windows dialog box. Guide to fix hibernation issues in Windows Vista.
7. Dual-boot configuration with XP and Vista –You cannot start Windows XP after you install Windows Vista in a dual-boot configuration together with Windows XP. You may get ntoskrnl.exe error in the process. Read on for solution to such issues.
8. Restoring to a previous Windows installation – This explains how to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you install Windows Vista.
9. You cannot install some updates or programs – You may not able to install some specific software or updates on Windows Vista. Check this comprehensive article for a possible solution to make your software love Windows Vista!
10. Back up and restore the registry in Windows Vista – Check out ways to backup and restore registry in Windows XP and Windows Vista.