We can easily hide files and folders on Windows based computer. Also, such hidden files can be viewed by unhiding them using ‘folder options’ settings. So, where is ‘folder options’ to view hidden files and folders on Windows 7 PC? If you are a new Windows 7 users, finding this settings can be little tricky considering easy access on Windows XP.
Windows 7: ‘Folder Options’ settings for hidden files
You can easily access ‘folder options’ settings to unhide hidden files and folders from the Control Panel. Once the ‘folder options’ dialog box is opened, you can unhide files and folders in similar manner as in Windows XP.
1. Click on Start (Orb) button and then click on ‘Control Panel’.
2. In the ‘Control Panel’, click ‘Category’ button and then click ‘small icons’ options next to ‘view by’.
3. You will see lot of icons. Click on ‘Folder options’ icon to open the settings dialog box.
4. In the ‘Folder options’ dialog box, click on ‘view’ tab.
5. Then click to highlight ‘show hidden files, folders and drives’ option.
6. Click ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ button to save changes.
Now you can view all hidden files and folders on your Windows 7 PC. You can hide such files and folders again by highlighting ‘Don’t show hidden files, folders or drives’ option.