Windows 7 made lot of buzz when beta edition was released to public. Microsoft has not confirmed on actual release date on Windows 7 operating system but they for sure has confirmed on versions / edition of this upcoming Microsoft operating system. There will be 6 variants or SKUs each targeted for different set of users. This includes:
1. Windows 7 Starter Edition – This will be most basic edition of Windows7 operating system with NO Aero glass and desktop enhancements. Supports basic features like: ability to join a Home Group with improved taskbar and JumpLists.
2. Windows 7 Home Basic Edition – This is for emerging markets with NO Aero glass and desktop enhancements. Features include: Live thumbnail previews & enhanced visual experience with advanced networking support and mobility center.
3. Windows 7 Home Premium – This version is targeted for majority of consumers and small business users. It comes fully laden with Aero glass & advanced windows navigation. Other features include: easy networking & sharing across all your PCs & devices, improved media format support and handwriting recognition.
4. Windows 7 Professional Edition – Ideal for retail and business users, it has features add-on over Home premium edition. Basic features include: ability to join a managed network with domain join, protect data with advanced network backup, encrypting File System and location aware printing from home or work.
5. Windows 7 Enterprise Edition – Ideal for mid and large sized businesses who buy Windows licenses in bulk. Features include: bitLocker data protection on internal and external drives, prevent unauthorized software from running with appLocker and directaccess for seamless connectivity to your corporate network.
6. Windows 7 Ultimate Edition –Â This Window 7 edition will come fully loaded will all Windows7 features. Best of Windows 7 Enterprise and Home Premium edition for users wanting to relish all that Windows 7 has to offer.
With editions information out and now all eyes on pricing of Windows7. In current times of recession, price need to be competitive enough for everyone to lay hands on Windows7 – stay tuned for that. As for above edition, Microsoft will most likely focus on Home Premium and Professional editions of Windows 7.