Every computer user deal with lot of files on daily basis. Different type of files like Image files, video files interface us in various computer operations. At times, one can get over-board with huge number of files and find it difficult to manage.
Cutting the file clutter and making things more easy – following areÃ‚Â 5 freeware utilities. They should make ‘Techno Life’ easy atleast in handling loads of files on your computer. Here goes:
1. Kill those Duplicate files –Duplicate files cause unnecessary strain of system resources. You can easily free up hard disk space by removing unnecessary duplicate files with ‘DoubleKiller’. It also help in reducing the time needed for backups or file searches. One cool way to tidy up your picture or music collection. DoubleKiller
2. Restore deleted Files – Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin or deleted while holding down the Shift key by mistake. Conversely, this program has another function that makes it almost impossible to restore all deleted files. You can use it after deletion of confidential documents, embarrassing files and so on. Restoration
3. Renames Files in Bulk quickly –You can easily rename files and directories, based upon extremely flexible criteria using Bulk Rename Utility. Besides, you can also add date-stamps, replace numbers, insert strings, convert case, add auto-numbers, process folders and subfolders. Bulk Rename Utility
4. Move and Copy Files Faster –Copy files faster with Total Copy. You can pause the copy-process and continue later. It can auto-pause copy process on any error and resume it on a powerfailure. This program does not alter the existing windows-copy-function. Total Copy – Check Tera Copy for Vista
5. View Content of any file quickly –You encounter lot of files with different file formats. One cannot have file reader for every different type of file. Universal Viewer (ATViewer) is an advanced file viewer with supports viewing of wide range of file formats. Text, Image, Multimedia, Internet and lot of other files are supported. Universal Viewer
Above were few basic file operations with their respective freebie utilities. In case you are looking to lock any specific EXE file, then check EXE lock.
Do you know any other Fab File Management Freeware? Please share with us by adding a comment. It’s time to manage files! [Photo Credit: kudaker]