If you use mobile phone more than a desktop PC to access internet, then you can stay connected with Facebook activity using your mobile phone. To get started, you need to add and confirm your mobile phone number with your existing Facebook account. After successful confirmation of mobile phone, you can easily receive updates of your Facebook account on the mobile phone.
Add & link mobile number with Facebook account
1. Login into Facebook account and goto Account > Account Settings at top right. Then click on Mobile tab on the settings page. Alternatively, you can directly open http://www.facebook.com/mobile/?settings to access mobile settings page.
2. Click ‘Register for Facebook Text Messages’ link on the Mobile settings webpage.
3. A pop-up window will open, select your country and telephone / mobile connection provider. Then click Next button.
4. Then you need to text message SMS letter f to provided mobile number (9232232665 / 92FACEBOOK). Standard SMS rates will apply.
5. You should receive confirmation code via SMS on your mobile phone. Then click ‘Already received a confirmation code?’ link on Facebook mobile settings webpage.
6. Enter the received confirmation code and click ‘Confirm’ button for successful confirmation of specific mobile phone number for your Facebook account.