VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
If you are bored of usual look of the player then get ready to make some changes by installing a fresh skin for the player. There are number of skins available for this media player. From dark colors to light ones, its all there. After you download and install any skin for the player. Keep following points in mind:
- You must have the latest version of VLC player.
- For Windows Users, download and place the skin in folder “C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\skins”
- Linux users need to put skin in ~/.vlc/skins2
- Once VLC is started, you can change skin by pressing CTRL and S keys.
- VLC skins are not supported on Mac OS.
Enjoy your favorite videos in a refreshing new look of the player. My favorite skins are “Blend” and ‘Airflow”, they have very subtle and light look.