Besides Viruses, Rootkits can stay hidden on the system and wreck havoc anytime. Standard Anti virus programs can deal with virus detection and removal but they cannot dig out hidden rootkits on the system. Sophos Anti-Rootkit scan can help in this regard. It is a free rootkit detection and removal tool that use advance rootkit detection technology.
Features of Sophos Anti-Rootkit tool
1. It helps in detection and removal of rootkits on computer.
2. You can run this tool via GUI or command line mode.
3. It uses standard Windows install and uninstall.
4. It is free for download and use.
5. Works on Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003 (64bit support).
What is a rootkit? A rootkit is a Trojan (or technology) used to hide the presence of a malicious object (process, file, registry key, network port) from the computer user or administrator. Download Sophos Anti-Rootkit to keep your computer safe from malicious rootkits.