Do you have trouble viewing contents of a corrupt / damaged MS Word 2007 docx file? “Damaged docx2txt” is a free utility that can extract text from a bad (corrupt / damanged) docx Word file. After text extraction, you can edit the text and save it in desired file format.
Extract Text from corrupt Word docx file
1. Download Damaged docx2txt utility & unzip it.
2. Double click “damageddocx2txt” icon to launch utility.
3. Goto menu option File > Open to open corrupt docx file.
4. Extracted text from selected docx file will be shown.
5. Goto menu option File > Save for saving displayed text.
P.S. Word 2007 files are actually zipped collections of XML files. The main text in Word 2007 docx files is found in document.xml file in the collection. Damaged docx2txt uses CakeCMD , an unzipper that will unzip partially corrupt document.xml files.