Email header information show useful ‘technical’ information about email sender. You can track email sender’s IP address, domain, location by checking details contained in full email header. Default email view, does not show full email header (as it is not required by majority of email users). Also, unlike Yahoo Mail and Gmail, viewing full email header information in Windows Live Hotmail is little confusing.
Open Email header in Windows Live (new method)
1. Login into your Windows Live Hotmail account.
2. Goto Inbox and click to open any email message.
3. Then click “Actions” button at top right.
4. In the menu, click to select “View Message Source” option. A new window will pop-up displaying full email header details.
Email header in Windows Live Hotmail (old method)
1. Goto mail.live.com & login into Windows Live Hotmail account.
2. Click on ‘inbox’ link at top left.
3. Click to tick & select specific email message.
4. Right click on selected email message & then click ‘view message source’.
A new window will open showing full email header information of specific received message in your Windows Live Hotmail account.