Besides Microsoft PowerPoint program, there are number of offline and online tools to create beautiful presentation slideshows. Free presentation creators like OpenOffice, Slideshare and Google Doc use ODP (Open document presentation) file format extension to save presentation files. Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 program has default support for OPD file opening and saving.
Open & Save OPD presentation files
1. Launch MS PowerPoint 2010 program.
2. Goto File > Open. In “file of type” list click open document Presentation.
3. Select the ODP file and click Open button to open file in PowerPoint.
4. After editing, you can save PowerPoint presentation in ODP format. Goto File > Save As.
5. In “Save as type” list click open document Presentation.
6. Type name for the file and click Save button.
Creating and editing ODP format presentation files in MS PowerPoint is not perfect. You may lose on few animation and creative custom effects on slides in the presentation while working MS Powerpoint program.