Nokia phones are used by lot of people around the world and requires no introduction. Ideally, users go to Nokia Customer Care center to update software of their Nokia phone. You can update Nokia phone software at the comfort of your home performing few simple steps as explained below. [perform them at your own risk, use discretion]
Check current version & find update
Before the phone software update, we need check on the current version of software installed on the mobile phone.
1. Dial *#0000# from your phone. This will show you current version of software running on your phone.
2. To find the software update for you phone you need to know the the device product code. You can see this code on the phone under the battery eq 055****
3. Open Nokia update and enter the above code in box at the bottom of the webpage. You will find the latest software of your phone and download the latest version for your Nokia phone.
Backup data & then update software
Before you update the Nokia software, you should backup your data on the PC. This can be done using Nokia PC suite Backup option. You can choose the data you want to backup.
Once you backup the data, double click on the Nokia software updater that you have downloaded from the Nokia site. Now you phone software will start updating. [More Details here]
1. The phone should be charged to full.
2. Do not disconnect the phone when the software is being installed.