iTunes 10 software update brings lot of new features including new Ping’ service. It is a social networking service to interact with people and artists with similar liking for music. After you have setup ping account you can follow other people, celebrities, artists to discover new music, read feedback, add reviews for songs and music albums through ping network.
Setup Ping account to use Ping in iTunes
1. Open iTunes on your computer. Make sure you are using latest version of iTunes, else download from apple.com/itunes
2. In the iTunes store, click ‘Ping’ button at top navigation bar.
3. Then click ‘Turn on Ping’ button on the next screen. Enter your details on ‘Create My Profile’ page like name, avatar photo, about description and more.
4. You can choose type of music you like at the bottom of create my profile page. Then click ‘Continue’ button to get started with Ping service.
5. Next steps involves searching for friends to be added to Ping network. You can easily search for Facebook friends, celebrities, artists and other people related to music of your choice.
6. Once you find a person of your choice for Ping network, click Follow button to send networking request.
7. Once friend request is accepted, you can follow and comment on each other’s iTunes purchases, reviews, upcoming events and music liking.
Besides adding comments, you can also add quick response by clicking like button (similar to that on Facebook). Using Ping service you can create and join community of people with similar taste for music within iTunes.