Gmail is a popular web based email service from Google. Just like with every popular service, there can hack attempts with people trying to break into your Gmail acccount. One easy way to ensure healthy Gmail usage is by checking Gmail account login activity. You can monitor Gmail login IP address and contry location to ensure only authorized user (thats you) is logging into Gmail account.
See Gmail account login details
1. Goto Gmail.com & login into your account.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the inbox window & click ‘Details’ link next to IP address.
3. A new pop-up window will open displaying:
– Access Type like web browser, mobile, POP3 etc.
– IP address of location of Gmail account login.
– Date & time of account login in specific time zone.
This information is very useful to check on any hack attempt on your Gmail account. You can go through country location details and time of login to check for any unusual login activity. If you do happen to notice any login hack attempt, immediately change your Gmail login password and follow other ways to keep Gmail safe from phishing attacks. Be safe then sorry. [via Gmail Blog]