Do you want to delay launch or start of specific application programs at Windows startup? You can easily do this by configuring properties of application that you want to delay. Delaying launch of specific application allow other applications to load quicker, as they get more access to system resources to initiate.
Manualy delay launching specific applications
1. While on Windows 7 desktop, press Win + R keys to open ‘run’ dialog box.
2. Type services.msc and press OK button.
3. Select the service whose startup you want to delay. Right click on service and then click ‘properties’ option.
4. Select ‘Automatic (delayed start)’ from drop down box next to ‘startup type’.
5. Click ‘Apply’ and OK button.
Use ‘Startup Delayer’ on Windows Vista & XP
You can also set time to delay startup of specific programs on Windows startup using Startup Delayer program on Windows 98, XP and Vista computer.