Bookmarklets are shortcut links to perform tasks within web browser quickly. To get started, you need to add bookmarklets to bookmarks bar in your web browser. Firefox and Opera users can simply drag bookmarklet link to their bookmarks bar.
Internet Explorer users need to right click the bookmarklet link and then click add to favorites. Click on yes button on the pop-up window and then select links folder next to create in option. Click on Add button and you can access bookmarklet from top menu Favorites > Links > added bookmarklet link. Following are 30 useful bookmarklets to perform online tasks real quick:
WEBPAGE & WEB BROWSER QUICKIES
1. Split browser window – You can split the web browser window or tab into two parts. This bookmarket comes very handy if you want to surf 2 websites at the same time or compare results from 2 websites in a single view. read more
2. Remove elements on webpage before print – PrintWhatYouLike is a cool web service that allows you to remove any part of webpage, before you send it for final printing. Bookmarklet button can send any webpage to PrintWhatYouLike editor for quick processing. source
SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITES
9. Tweet This Text – You can quickly send any text to Twitter using Tweet This Text bookmarklet. Just select any text, hit the bookmarklet button to send the selected text to twitter timeline. read more
10. Delete DM on Twitter – Direct message are rarely used by majority of Twitter users. However, if you are addicted in sending / receiving DMs on twitter – use this bookmarklet for quick deletion of direct messages. source
11. Orkut to Facebook – Login into Orkut and hit the bookmarklet button. You will get list of Orkut friend who are also on Facebook. One quick way to get new familiar friends while migrating from Orkut to Facebook.
IMAGES, VIDEOS & MEDIA
15. Smush.it Image Optimization – Select any image of any website and send it to Smush.it online image optimization service. It helps reduce size of images while preserving its looks and quality. read more
SEARCH THE WEB
20. Search On Google – Select any text on a webpage and hit the bookmarklet button for related Google search results quickly.
FEW MORE USEFUL BOOKMARKLETS
Do you know any other useful bookmarklets? Share with us by adding a comment for next listing of useful bookmarklets. Happy surfing!